Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can anyone give me more information about the disney career start program?

I am soon to start the disney career start program in June of the this year and I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has gone through the program if they could answer some questions that I have like does most people who apply get the job and how does the college credit part work? How many times do I go to class and will I ever have free time to go to the parks? These are questions I have been dying to know! So if anyone can answer these I would appreciate it deeply!Can anyone give me more information about the disney career start program?
Of course you can go to the parks in your free time, and it's free(or discounted)! As far as holidays go, you may have to work up to an extra 45 hours as a cast member. The housing is great, I live in Chatham Square, and I have a four bedroom apartment there. Credits, knowledge applied by the working area of your choice. For instance, Pediatrics, deals with smaller children rides in MGM for me. I can observe the kids and behaivour while operating, touring, presenting rides. I am currently employed at MGM, I run the Tower of Terror with a few buddies, and some of the kidy rides. As far as jobs go, if you are applying for anything in relation with Disney, Hotels, the Boardwalk, or Downtown Disney, you may have to wait for openings. Go for the Boardwalk, you can entertain and get tips! For more information go to the following website:

http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its鈥?/a>



Have Fun, and maybe see you there!!!!Can anyone give me more information about the disney career start program?
I worked as a Cast Member as part of the WDW College Program and it was an awesome experience!

Disney hired thousands of interns and other CT;s and CP's every year. If you have a positive attitude and decent grades at the college you are attending... odds are, you'll get the job. As far as college credit - that depends on your college or University. You're going to be so busy working and playing in Orlando that I don't recommend you taking any online classes from your University. One of my roommates did that and we never saw her. She was always studying or on her computer, taking tests. I was lucky enough to find a marketing professor who said he'd give me 3 credits of marketing if I'd keep a journal of my experience (work wise) for the first 3 weeks. I also took advantage of a class that Disney offered - although it didn't count toward credit for my university, it was well worth the experience and it didn't cost anything. All I had to buy was a book and it was cheap.

Talk it over with your college's academic advisor before you leave about gaining credit. Just remember that you will be guaranteed a minimum of 32 hours per week and often more in the busy time (4th of July, Christmas, etc...), so don't tie yourself down with classes from your University. Take the time off and enjoy your Disney experience. Its worth it to fall a little behind - trust me.

You'll have plenty of free time and your managers will actually encourage you to spend your free time at the parks! This will help you to better serve the guests when you are working.

And you'll get in for free - so enjoy! I had a blast!



Its going to be super warm and humid when you head out there, so be ready. Pack breatheable fabrics which wick away moisture and good shoes (I love Crocs Sandals for walking at the parks - they are the perfect park shoe). Your costume will be most likely made of a lovely blend between polyester and cotton, so it won't help you any - but at least you only have to wear it for a few hours at a time. :)



If you'd like to run any other questions by me, I'd be happy to answer them. Email me at: disneymickeyvacation@yahoo.com



Good luck and have a great time!

Best,

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment