Thursday, January 26, 2012

Could I rent out a Disney hotel under these conditions?

You have to be eighteen to rent out a Disney hotel. I'm planning to go for my eighteenth birthday. When we arrive, I'll still be seventeen, but one of my friends is eighteen. Problem is, she can't get there by three, which is check in time. I can be there by three. None of us has a credit card, but I'll be using my parents'.



So, since I'll be making reservations beforehand and the hotel will have my parents' credit card number, could I, though not yet eighteen, be able to check in alone?Could I rent out a Disney hotel under these conditions?
No, YOU will not be able to check in no matter how close you are to turning 18; not even if your parents give you permission. There are laws regarding underage people checking into hotels (you can't enter into a contract under the age of 18) and there are no special exemptions for people who are *almost* 18. It doesn't matter if your friend arrives later than 3:00; you're not expected to be there at the exact listed check-in time on the dot. Hotels generally hold a reservation for 24 hours because most of the time people show up either before or after listed check-in time; all that a 3:00 check-in time means is that your room officially becomes available to you at 3:00.



Also, I hate to break it to you, but you will NOT be able to use your parents' credit card to make your reservation unless they go with you. No reputable place will accept a credit card without obtaining a matching ID. So while you may be able to make a reservation with your parents' credit card, you won't be able to check in to a room with it, and neither will your friend. Again, it won't matter if your parents are okay with it, they would have to physically be there when you check in to give the okay and sign the forms. Even though the room will be paid in full when you arrive, the credit card number is kept on file and charges can still be added on (for example, if something is damaged or taken from the room). YOU cannot authorize those charges because it's not your credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment