Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can I watch German DVD Movies on my American DVD Player?

Is there anything that I can do to be able to watch German DVD's with my American DVD player? For some reason it doesn't seem to work.



If I were to buy a German DVD player and then an Adapter to make it compatible with my American TV, would that work, or do I need a German Television too?



*I already know that they can be watched on Computers*



Thanks for the help.Can I watch German DVD Movies on my American DVD Player?Generally no.



There are two issues: foreign DVDs are coded to play only on players that are coded for their region. North America is region 1, Europe is region 2 - I believe there are 6 regions. A small number of DVDs are coded region 0 which works in all regions.



European DVDs are made to normally play on PAL format TVs. US TVs play NTSC format signals.



You can purchase DVD players from www.dvdoverseas.com that will play all region DVDs - and which can translate PAL format to NTSC format.



There are cheap ones for as little as about $100. Browse on the site a little bit - read about what the features are and do - and good luck.



I purchased on several years ago - and buy alot of movies from www.amazon.de.Can I watch German DVD Movies on my American DVD Player?Short Answer: No



Long Answer: It has to do with the format, we use NTSC, Europe uses "PAL". We are region 1, we can only play region 1 dvd's with an "made FOR American use" dvd player. I have seen "Region Free" dvd players, Often times you can find computer software that allows your PC dvd player to run other regions

No comments:

Post a Comment